Wednesday, May 2, 2012

TC 10 k

I ran the TC 10 k on Sunday, the first time I've run this race and the first 10 k I've done in 2-3 years.... so I was pretty confident I would get a best time. My goal was to have a really good run, pace it well, and finish strong, the result would take care of itself. The course was challenging, with false flats both up and down, but I really liked it and I achieved my goals for this run. I went out strong but conservative in the first 5 km, I had lots of people to run with and really focused on my own pace, trying to ignore what the other 14,999 people were doing! Once I hit the 5 km mark, I picked things up, I wasn't going to play it safe and just worked hard for the second half of the run. Thinking about keeping my form together allowed me to forget about how tired I was or what I was feeling, and just run. I was very happy that I was able to hold everything together right to the end and finished with a time of 38:31. I was really relieved to have a good solid run, as I feel like things have been a bit up and down over the last few months of training, and this was a bit of a confidence boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment