Thursday, April 28, 2011

A very frustrating day.

Well today was a bit of a nightmare. It was one of those days when lots of little things don't really work out the way you would like them to, and when taken individually they don't seem a big deal, but when piled on top of each other can push you over the edge.
This morning I woke up with a bad cold. I don't get sick very often, so when I do I am pretty miserable, especially when it happens in the middle of a training camp and I am forced to miss workouts. Being sick for a few days can really make you lose perspective. I know in the grand scheme of things it is not the end of the world to miss a few training sessions due to sickness as these things happen (although  have been very fortunate and this is the first time I have gotten sick since August), but at the same time (like today) it seems like a big deal. So I lay in bed this morning, sniffling and croaking, alone in the house, while my training partners were swimming laps in the pool. My mind wanted to do it, but my body was not letting me.
After a lazy morning came a kind of hectic afternoon. We had to change rooms after two nights at our accommodation to another room about 50 meters away... which is just a really annoying inconvenience. Like I said before, this alone is not a big deal, but when you have a head cold and are not exactly feeling at your best, this is just a drag. So I stuff all my training gear into my overflowing suitcase, push it down the stairs, and transfer everything across the parking lot to my new home that is the mirror image to the one I was just in. I was stuck in no-man's-land for a few hours while those who were in the room I was about to occupy packed their things and left. All I wanted to do was lay down and rest, but that didn't happen until about four hours later....ugggh.....
So, after moving all my stuff over (about 5 trips across the parking lot in all), I discover that my computer has a virus and now I can't use it.... this kind of sucks... especially when you are sick and lean on technology for entertainment and sanity. I have to wait until I am home to get my computer fixed, so will have to beg other people to let me use theirs, which is hard in a house of athletes when you have germs. (I promise to try my best not to sneeze on it and will disinfect as soon as I'm done!).
To sum up, I am really tired, snuffly, have piles of gear to unpack (which is still sitting at the bottom of the stairs), and have no computer..... but there is a bright side... I finally got all my marks for my second term at university and did very well on all my finals!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment