Thursday, May 26, 2011

North Shore Triathlon

Well, now I'm eating my words... there was not a drop of rain at the North Shore Triathlon on Monday! But I think everyone was relieved to have some nice weather for a day! I had a really good first race of the season, the race played out pretty well exactly how I wanted it too. I felt really strong in the swim, and I came out of the water just behind Hilary so we were able to work together on the bike. Drafting helped the 4 loops go by fast, soon we were running into T2. I ran out of T2 first and held my position on the run. I felt good on the run as well, which was a good confidence booster. Despite the run course being very hilly, I felt quick and light and was happy with my run split. I try to take something away from each race that I can improve on, so over the rest of the summer I will continue to work on my 180 degree turns on the bike, my running stride and range of motion, as well as smoothing out my T1.

Until next time!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment